Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sarah Palin is a harbinger of the future

Jonathan Schwarz nails one up over at A Tiny Revolution. It's a short piece and you deserve this treat on Labour Day so go read it, but here's a taste:

McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate certainly demonstrates one thing: living through the decadent phase of the American empire is going to be REALLY EXCITING. It could only have been more surprising if McCain had chosen a polyp from his large intestine...

...the days of a rational American empire are drawing to a close. We'll be forced to discard either the empire part, or the rational part. And based on 10,000 years of human history, I'm guessing it's the rational part that will go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a comment I placed in Empire Burlesque....

I'm finding it incredulous that this is the man I thought was a 'little' more intelligent than Bush... How could I have been so incredibly misguided in my thinking (not that I was going to consider him for president by any stretch of the imagination). He was teetering back and forth there in my opinion of him.... but he just went over the edge. Now I know he is even more hebetudinousthan the "Bushboy-Wonder". Two things brought me to this conclusion... first the nomination of Mama Palin... second the Republican effort in saving New OrLeans from the devastation of Gustav - the zypher!